Celebration of The World Food Day Worldwide
The World Food Day is also called as the Food Engineer day.It's main aim is to make awareness about the hunger and poverty and how to reduce this evil.
The theme for 2011 is "Food prices - from crisis to stability".
The objectives of World Food Day are to
- Encourage attention to agricultural food production
- Encourage economic and technical cooperation among developing countries;
- Make awrareness for participation of rural people, particularly women and the least privileged categories, in decisions and activities influencing their living conditions;
- Heighten public awareness of the problem of hunger in the world
- Promote the transfer of technologies to the developing world
- Strengthen international and national solidarity in the struggle against hunger, malnutrition and poverty and Draw attention to achievements in food and agricultural development