Celebration of Panchayat Raj Divas in Odisha on 5th March 2011
Odisha Grama Panchayat Act was enacted in the year 1948 and 3 tier system of Panchayati Raj Institutions was introduced in the year 1961. It's main aim is to provide sustainable development and socio-economic transformation in rural Odisha. In the year 2002, election to 3 tiers of Panchayati Raj Institutions held under 73rd amendment to empower tribal people.
The State level Panchayati Raj Divas will organized on 2011 on 5th March 2011 at Kalinga Stadium, Bhubaneswar. All Women representatives of 3 tier Panchayati Raj Institutions as women Zilla Parishad Presidents and Vice Presidents, women Chair Persons and Vice Chair Persons of Panchayat Samiti and women Sarapanches and Naib Sarapanches of Gram Panchayat will also be invited to attend the Samaroh.
Main Objectives of PRI:
1. Primary education
2. Primary health
3. Safe Drinking water
4. Sanitation and street lighting
5. Environment protection
6. Common property resources (CPR) management
Panchayati Raj Divas is Celebrated in Odisha:
• To recognize the importance of Panchayati Raj system
• To create awareness among people regarding Panchayati Raj system
• To imbibe the empowerment among Panchayati Raj representatives
• To reward the best performers in Panchayati Raj institutions
• To reward the leaderships in Panchayati Raj systems