Over Population in India “A Threat to Development”
India is the second most populous country in the world after China. But the rising population in India indicates that India will be the most populous country in the world and China will be the second in 2050.
Today the population of India has crossed one billion marks. According to 2001 Census, the population of India is 1,027,015,247, out of which 51.73%(531,277,078) were males and 48.27% (495,738,169) were females. According to July, 2008 India has reached 1,147,995,898. Although India occupies only 2.4% of the world’s total population.
Reasons of over-population:
1. Birth rate
2. Death rate
4. Early marriage
5. Supristition & traditional believe
7. Lack of awareness
Government Initiatives to control over-population:
1. Family planning camps
2. Educating women about family planning
3. Aware people about marriageable age
4. Educate mass about the small family norms
5. Propogate through mass media about the disadvantages of high population growth
6. Each Central/State/District and local area should be made responsible and accountable to control over population