Schizophrenia 'a mental illness' killed thousands people every year
Schizophrenia is a group of mental illness and not one single disease common mental disorder is a group of conditions not fulfilling the criteria for serious mental illness comprising depression, panic, sumatization and commonly mixed syndrome with symptoms of each. Bleuler in 1911 introduced the term Schizophrenia to identify the same illness.
Schizophrenia is a severe mental disorder which accounts for the maximum suffering for those affected and their families.
1. Breakdown of perceptual filtering
2. Disorganisation of thought process
3. Emotion distortion and feeling of panic
4. Delusions and hallucinations
5. With drawl from reality
Types of treatment
1. The ultimate goal of treatment of people with Schizophrenia is the productive reintegration into the main stream of society, it can be provided at the community level through medication through relief symptoms and prevent relapse.
2. Through education and psycho-social intervention it's possible to assist the patient as well as the families to cope with mental illness art
3. Through rehabilitation and assist the to cope up with community at regain occupational and functioning
3. The incidence of Schizophrenia is due to social factors, which family is appears to be a key elements
In India there are Five Millions of people with Schizophrenia with varying degrees of impact on millions of people.