Importance of Family Counselling Centre
Counselling is an interpersonal process through which guidance & support has given to a person with psychosocial problems. In simple means counseling is to provide professional, psychological help to the distressed person in a professional manner. Counselling is an act of assistance has provided to a person in difficulty & seeks out someone in whom she/he has confidence for advice & guidance.
Origin of Family Counseling Centre (FCC):
Calcutta University enjoys the privilege of being the first India University to introduce guidance as a section of its department of applied psychology in 1938.
Meaning of FCC:
Family counseling centre is a cell to settle up the family disputes & restore conjugal life by way of mutual understanding.It committed to serving all women who are victims of atrocities.Family counseling centre provides the strength, skills & confidence to deal with life’s challenges & opportunities.
Objective of FCC:
- To identify the root cause of victims present situation
- To provide preventive, curative & rehabilitative services to the person with distress
- To reduce the emotional distress & dis-functional behavior of the clientTo develop her/his potential capacity
- To assist the client to make important personal decisions
Role of Counselor:
- Role as advisorSupport service provider
Principles of FCC:
- Make a friendly relation with the respondent
- Accept the client as a person not as a case
- Patientfully listen the victims problem
- Having relying on victims opinion
- Provide emotional support service to the client
- Tackle every situation in a positive way
- Go to the depth of the situation
- Go for family visit if its necessary
- Find-out the ways to provide proper justice to the person Stay in contact with the client until they don’t get justice