Elective Questions for the MSW Students
Name of the Papers:
I. Social Work Research & Statistical Method
II. Culture, Gender & Feminism in India
III. Social Legislation & Social Security
IV. Civil Society & NGO Management
V. Family & Child Welfare
VI. Rural & Urban Community Development
I. Social Work Research & Statistical Method:
- Give an account of the differences in the quantitative & qualitative research?
- Discuss the different steps in the formulation of research problem?
- Explain briefly the use of different techniques of Sampling followed in Social Science Research?
- Discuss the different methods of Data Collection with their merits & demerits in social science research?
- What is participatory research? Discuss it meaning, scope & applications?
- Monitoring & evaluation can improve the quality of research? Explain with suitable example?
- Explain the merits & de-merits of mean, median & mode in statistical data analysis?
- Distinguish between mean & standard deviation? Why standard deviation is a better measure of dispersion than mean deviation?
- Discuss the quality of regression analysis in social science research?
- What is “t” test? Discuss its utility in testing a hypothesis?
- Discuss about scientific method? Briefly describe its nature & characteristics?
- Briefly describe the salient principle of scientific method?
- What do you mean by Research? Classify types of research?
- bring out the role of welfare agencies in social work research?
II. Culture, Gender & Feminism in India:
- Gender bias is a challenge to social harmony discusss?
- Write down the causes of family dis-organization?
- Represxentation of body in media should be banned. Comment?
- What do you mean by cultural constructs of gender & explain its dimension?
- Gender bias is a challenge to women empowerment . comment?
- Distinguish between gender & sexuality. What are its implications?
- Examine the influence of culture on the status of women & patriarchy?
- Define Gender production & reproduction?
- Gender inequalities in Orissa context?
- Discuss about gender theories?
III. Social Legislation & Social Security:
- Discuss social justice as an essential basis of social legislation?
Social legislation is aiming to establish social justice , Explain?
- Explain the features of the welfare states in the context of social work?
Explain social legislation in a welfare states?
- Describe the fundamental profile/salient features of Indian Constitution?
- Give a overview on the Indian Legal System?
- What do you mean by social justice cell & Legal Aid?
- Discuss the concepts of Civil Rights, Human rights & issues of social justice?
- Discuss the changes affected by laws in regard to marriage, divorce & maintenance of spouses & children?
- What are the laws protecting interest of women, children & weaker sections?
- Discuss about Juvenile delinquency & juvenile justice Act?
- Write down a short notes on concept of Public Interest Litigation (PIL)?
- What do you meanby social security. Discuss the concept, definition & objectives of social security?
- What are the social security measures in India? What are its evolution & salient features?
- What do you mean by ILO. What are the role of ILO in social security?
- What are the social security measures for unemployment & old age in organized & unorganized sector?
- Discuss the legislative provisions regarding provident fund, pension, gratuity & relevant provisions in industrial disputes act?
- Discuss social security in “Unorganized Sector”?
IV. Civil society & NGO Management:
- Define civil society and discuss the role of civil society organizations in addressing the problem of poverty?
- Critically examine the emerging & changed attributes of voluntary action in India?
- What are the models & approaches on voluntarism?
- Critically examine the Govt.-NGO relationship in India?
- Discuss the changing nature of voluntary action in different stages of development in India?
- Explain the Gandhian approach of voluntarism?
- Discuss the laws governing the voluntary organizations in India?
- Discuss the various ethical standards & good practices in the management of NGOs
- Explain the project cycle managementof a development programme?
- Discuss the voluintary action in different stages of development of society(post & pre independent period)
- Briefly describe about funding agencies. Narrate types & patterns of funding?What are the emerging challenges & responses, role of professional social worker in voluntary action & organization?
V. Family & Child Welfare (elective):
- What do you mean by family. Describe its importance & function for individual & social welfare.
- Describe about Indian family. Narrate its characteristics, needs& problem impact?
What are the recent changes on Indian family?
- Briefly discuss the causes of family disorganization & emerging problems?
- What do you mean by crime. What are the problems & types of crime & causes of crime?
- Give a brief idea about alcoholism & substance abuse?
- What are the existing policies, laws & programmes related to family?
- Discuss the evolution of social eork practice in the area of family welfare?
- Short notes on:
b. Crisis intervention
c. Social support & networking
d. Family life education
e. Family health
f. Advacacy & SHGs
VI. Rural & Urban Community Development (elective):
1. Discuss the programme of target based & area based approach in community development?
2.. Discuss about Panchayat Raj system in India?
3. Five your personal outlook on the growth of slums, causes & consequences?What are the programmes for slum development?
4. Discuss about the concept of cooperation. What is the role of co-operative societies India?
5. What is the role of social worker in social change in rural & urban areas?
6. What do you mean by Community. Briefly describe the characteristics of rural & urban community?
7. What do you mean by CDP.Analyse different approaches of CDP?