The Nature of Women Atrocities
the United Nations committee on Convention on Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination Against Women (CEDAW) in its General Recommendation No. XII (1989) has recommended that State parties should act to protect women against violence of any kind especially that occurring within the family.
Types of Women Violence:
- Physical Violence
- Sexual Violence
- Verbal and Emotional Violence
- Economic Violence
- Shoving, or
- Causing bodily pain or injury in any other manner
- Forced to Sexual intercourse
- Forced to look at pornography
- Any act of sexual nature to abuse, humiliate or degrade
child sexual abuse
Verbal and Emotional Violence:
- Accusations on any ones character or conduct etc.
- Insults for not having a male child
- Insult for not bringing dowry
- Preventing anyone from doing job
- forcing anyone to marry a particular person
- Any other verbal or emotional abuse
- Not providing money for maintaining to a exploited woman or to her children
- Not providing food, clothes, medicines etc.
- Not allow to do job
- Not allowing to use salary, wages