Computer Application in Social Work Research
Computer is an Electro Mechanical Device, use for processing data. It accepts data from user and process it and display a correct information as the out-put. Computer is rived from the Greek word, ‘Compute’, which means to calculate.
Components of Computer:
The logic behind the computer is called data. The facts, numbers, texts etc, which are enter into the computer by the user before calculation is called data. It can do arithmetic and logic operation during processing.
It is the manipulation of data. To convert a data into useful information is called.
The processed data is called information. After processing, it converts to meaningful data.
Anatomy (Parts) of Computer:
Characteristics of Computer:
- Storage capacity
Role of Computer in Social research:
- It can solve any difficult problem within a few minute
- It provide accurate Information
- Store large number of data
- Perform any types of arithmetic and logical operation
- Design a data
- It helps to make Networking with other Institutions
- Help to collect data from out sources
- Use as a Calculator